The DTX Series CableAnalyzers™ are rugged, hand-held
instruments used to certify, troubleshoot, and document
copper and fiber cabling installations.
The testers feature
• The DTX-1800 certifies twisted pair and coaxial cabling
to Class F limits (600 MHz) in less than 25 seconds and
Category 6 cabling in less than 10 seconds. The
DTX-1200 certifies Category 6 cabling in less than 10
seconds. Meet Level III and Level IV accuracy
• The DTX-LT and DTX-ELT certify Category 6 cabling in
less than 28 seconds. The DTX-CLT certifies Category 5e
cabling in less than 28 seconds. All models meet Level III
and Level IV accuracy requirements.
• Color display clearly indicates PASS/FAIL results.
• Automatic diagnostics report distance to and likely
causes of common faults.
• Toner feature helps you locate jacks and automatically
starts an Autotest upon tone detection.
• Stores up to 250 Cat 6 Autotest results, including
graphical data, in internal memory.
• The DTX-1800 and DTX-1200 store up to 4,000 Autotest
results, including graphical data, on a 128 MB
removable memory card. See page 13-1 for storage
• Runs for at least 12 hours on the rechargeable lithium
ion battery pack.
• LinkWare™ software lets you upload test results to a PC
to create professional-quality test reports. The
LinkWare Stats option generates browsable, graphical
reports of cable test statistics.
The DTX-1800, DTX-1200, and DTX-LT offer the following
• Optional DTX Compact OTDR™ modules let you locate
and characterize reflective and loss events in
multimode and singlemode fiber.
• Optional fiber modules let you certify multimode and
singlemode fiber optic cabling.
• Smart remote with optional fiber module can be used
with Fluke Networks OF-500 OptiFiber® Certifying
OTDR for loss/length certification.
• Optional DTX-NSM module lets you verify network
The DTX-1800 also supports the optional DTX 10 Gig kit.
This lets you test and certify Cat 6 and Augmented Cat 6
(Cat 6A) cabling for 10 Gigabit Ethernet applications.
The DTX-CLT also supports the optional fiber modules and
The DTX-CLT CertiFiber® lets you certify fiber optic cabling.