The Keysight U1242B 4-digit handheld digital multimeter (DMM) is designed for quick checks and fixes in the installation and maintenance of machinery, facility and electrical systems. Key capabilities include the switch counter for the detection of glitches on facility switch and relay systems.
The harmonic ratio function helps detect the presence of harmonics in AC supplies that can lead to overheating of motors, generators and transformers. The U1242B also enables dual and differential temperature measurements for heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems.
Monitoring differential temperature in real-time is especially useful in making sure that HVAC components in the system are cooling or heating the way they should with respect to time. With the U1242B, you can perform inspections quickly and conveniently with the same troubleshooting tool that you carry on your daily rounds.
Keysight’s handheld DMMs include safety features that help you perform day-to-day measurements with confidence. Reduce the risk of injury due to arc flash while probing near-contact points with specially designed 4-mm-tip probes. A built-in 30 kA high-energy fuse shields you from potentially violent fuse failures when working in high-current environments. Clad in bright orange cases, these handheld DMMs are a vivid reminder that there is an extra layer of protection between you and the unknown.
Check more, fix more
- 10,000-count display
- 0.09% basic DC voltage accuracy and true RMS measurement
- Basic functions: DCV, DCI, ACV, ACI, resistance, frequency, continuity, diode test
- Advanced functions: capacitance, switch counter, harmonic ratio, dual and differential temperature, data logging to DMM (up to 200 points)
Ease of use
- Adjustable backlighting
- Min/Max recording
Built to last
- CAT III 1000V and CAT IV 600V over voltage protection
- Certified to CE and CSA
- Compatible with U1177A/U1117A IR-Bluetooth adapter for remote monitoring & datalogging