*Supports Seamless Measurement Ranging
The Agilent N6781A is a source/measure unit (SMU) designed specifically for the task of battery drain analysis. Whether the device-under-test (DUT) is an e-Book reader, MP3 player, mobile phone, or pacemaker, the N6781A’s seamless measurement ranging, programmable output resistance, and auxiliary DVM combine to be the best set of advanced features on the market for battery drain analysis. When used with the 14585A Control and Analysis software, the N6781A becomes an even more powerful battery drain analysis solution, offering additional insights into your measurements.
*Agilent patented feature: Seamless Measurement Ranging
Seamless measurement ranging eliminates the challenges of measuring dynamic currents. With seamless measurement ranging, engineers can precisely measure dynamic currents without any glitches or disruptions to the measurement. As the current drawn by the DUT changes, the SMU automatically and instantaneously detects which current measurement ranges will return the most precise measurement and changes to that range seamlessly. When combined with the SMU´s built-in 18-bit digitizer, seamless measurement ranging enables unprecedented effective vertical resolution of 28-bits. This provides unrivaled productivity gains and insights into power consumption by enabling engineers to see the complete current waveform they have never seen before, from nA to A, in one pass and one picture.
Other features and benefits of the N6781A:
- Glitch-free sourcing and measurement - change output and measurement ranges without any glitches
- 2-quadrant operation - perform as a voltage or current source or as a CV or CC electronic load
- Four current measurement ranges - precisely capture the current levels of the DUT during different modes of operation
- Excellent transient response - keep voltage or current stable during high-speed load changes
- Fast modulation of DC - create waveforms up to 100 kHz to stimulate or load down the DUT
- High-speed digitized measurements - capture/view the power consumption of the DUT up to every 5 µs with built-in 200 kHz digitizer
Other N6700 SMUs:
- N6782A 2-Quadrant Source/Measure Unit for Functional Test
- N6784A 4-Quadrant General-Purpose Source/Measure Unit
This module is used in both the small, multiple output 1U high N6700 Low-Profile Modular Power System (for ATE systems) and the multiple output N6705 DC Power Analyzer (for bench testing). GPIB, LAN, USB, and LXI Class C compliance are standard. Select from more than 20 different DC power modules, ranging in capability from basic to high precision, and in power from 20 - 300 W.
Keysight (Agilent) Technologies N6700 Series Modular DC Power Supplies Products
- Low-Profile Modular Power System Mainframe 400 W, GPIB, LAN, USB, LXI
- Low-Profile Modular Power System Mainframe 600 W, GPIB, LAN, USB, LXI
- Low-Profile Modular Power System Mainframe 1200 W, GPIB, LAN, USB, LXI
- DC Power Analyzer Mainframe
- High-Performance Autoranging DC Power Module 50V, 10A, 100W
- Precision DC Power Module 50V, 1.5A, 50W
- Precision DC Power Module 50V, 3A, 100W
- Source/Measure Unit for Battery Drain Analysis, 2-Quadrant, 20V/1A or 6V/3A, 20W