Precise characterization of HDMI Sink devices with new E4887A HDMI TMDS Signal Generator Platform
To learn more about HDMI, please visit here.
More color depth and better resolution increase the bit rate of HDMI™ interfaces of the currently released HDMI 1.3 specification. To ensure proper interoperability even with long cables the re-quirements for HDMI sink and source devices are becoming harder and specifications getting tighter.
The E4887A HDMI TMDS Signal Generator Platform includes three configurations that meet individual test needs:
1) An economical HDMI high-speed tester starting at 740 Mb/s up to 3.4 Gb/s, offering stimulus and debug for all HDMI rates (E4887A-003). Users can test the jitter tolerance, simplify connections to plug adapters, and generate video formats at fast transition times and low jitter.
2) The standard compliant and characterization tester for all data rates up to 3.4 Gb/s offers fast pass/fail testing including characterization for combined and separate jitter tolerance testing.
3) The high-resolution HDMI TMDS signal generator for in-depth characterization and compliance testing (E4887A-007), allowing the addition of devices up to 7 Gb/s that have already been introduced, stated into the Compliance Test Specification and used by most Authorized Test Centers.
The Agilent E4887A HDMI TMDS Signal Generator Platform is a flexible, expandable platform that can evolve to suit future test needs. It provides fully automated test with the N5990A test automation platform from the Agilent solution partner BitifEye. The standardized test reports allow comparison and exchange between the Authorized Test Center, research and development divisions, and all other users of the N5990A test automation software platform.
For more information on the N5990A Test Automation Platform please visit: Automated Compliance and Device Characterization Tests
Agilent provides source testing based on Agilent’s DSO80000 Series Real-Time Oscilloscopes which is compliant to the current revision of the HDMI specification. For more information please visit: N5399A HDMI Electrical Performance Validation and Compliance Software
HDMI TDR tests are covered by the 86100C Digital Communication Analyzer Platform. For more information visit: 86100C Infiniium DCA-J Wide Bandwidth Oscilloscope with TDR module
HDMI cable tests are covered by the 5071C Network Analyzer. For more information visit: E5071C ENA RF network analyzer
The use of the E4887A TMDS Signal Generator can be easily extended to other high-speed gigabit technologies. Simply upgrade the E4887A with generators and analyzers of the flexible ParBERT 81250 System. For more informationvisit: ParBERT 81250
For more information on the overall Agilent HDMI solution, please visit: www.agilent.com/find/hdmi
For more information on HDMI please visit: http://www.hdmi.org
HDMI Press Releases
- Flexible and expandable platform to growth with future test needs
- Full automated support by N5990A Test Automation Platform
- Excellent signal performance with low intrinsic jitter and fast transition times
- Separate and combined jitter tolerance testing for clock and data
Timing Specifications for E4887A-007
- Frequency range: 620 Mb/s up to 7 Gb/s
- Skew between data channels: 20 ps typ.
- Delay accuracy ±10 ps ±20 ppm relative to zero-delay placement
- Relative delay accuracy ±2 ps ±2