Agilent Technologies, the company that provided E2969A, the gold standard Protocol Test Card (PTC) I, is now providing E2969B PTC II for PCIe 2.0. The Agilent PTC II will enable device compliance with the PCI-SIG by providing all 22 mandatory test cases. This test capability will also facilitate industry deployment of the PCIe 2.0 technology.
PTC II (E2969B)
PTC II is an electrical implementation running at 5.0 GT/s, and supports all link widths, from x1 to x16. Further more, the PTC II can be plugged into any host platform for system testing, or be connected to an add-in card.
A Graphical User Interface (GUI) provides selectable test execution with a single mouse click.
An intuitive HTML report displays the test results: passed tests in green, warnings in yellow, and failed tests in red. A detailed test report makes it simple to understand the cause for failure, and can be used for troubleshooting and debugging.
Compliance Assured Test Package (E2969B-COM)
For complete product assurance, a simple software upgrade takes you to the
Compliance Assured Test Package (E2969B-COM), with an additional 180 PCI-SIG recommended tests.
The Compliance Assured Test Package includes transaction layer, link layer, electrical layer and configuration space tests to ensure high quality product releases and reduce test and debug time.
The Compliance Assured Test Package is easy to run and utilizes the same GUI and HTML reporting model as the mandatory tests.
Simple upgrade use model
The same hardware can even become a full exerciser and LTSSM Tester for PCIe 1.0 or PCIe 2.0 with a simple software upgrade. The LTSSM Tester enables error injection and analysis for the link and transaction layers. The full exerciser also allows configuration space emulation and power management testing capabilities.
PCI-SIG, PCI Express and PCIe are registered trademarks of PCI-SIG.
- Exerciser, PTC and LTSSM tester all in the same hardware “N5309A”
- PTC II tests run on all link widths up to x16
- GUI integrated in the N5309A GUI with just a single mouse click
- No need for a platform to run an add in card test
- All 22 PCI-SIG® required tests license included for free with the N5309A exerciser GUI
- Ability to run PCIe® PTC I tests & upgrade PTC II software license to Compliance Assured Test Package License
- More than 180 Compliance Assured Tests available, 94 transaction layer tests, 31 link layer tests, 57 configuration space tests and 1 electrical layer test
VISUALIZATION AND USABILITY
- Tests are separated into different categories and layers
- Run one or more tests sequentially
- HTML report with detailed table result overview for each test visualizing success, warnings and errors