Development and Repair
NOTE: The E1962BU is used for existing E1962B customers to add new features that require feature options.
The Agilent E1962B cdma2000® Mobile Test Application, which runs on the industry standard 8960 Series 10 (E5515C) wireless communications test set, delivers comprehensive call processing and RF parametric test capability to verify the performance of your cdma2000/IS-95/AMPS tri-mode wireless devices. The E1962B is developed for the needs of high-volume manufacturing, wireless RF device development, and service and repair.
The E1962B is the first to market with support for cdma2000 1x Advanced. This functionality helps R&D engineers and manufacturers verify that 1x Advanced capable devices can handle smart blanking, frame early termination, slower reverse power control, and conform to the new RF parametric requirements.
Based on the high-performance E5515C test set, you gain the additional benefits of extremely fast measurement speed, ease of programming, accuracy, reliability, and worldwide service and support. These proven features help you shorten test development time, increase throughput, and minimize support costs.
Comprehensive Call Processing and RF Parametric Test Capability
- Support for cdma2000 1x Advanced includingnew radio configurations (forward RC11, reverse RC8), new service options SO73 and SO75, smart blanking, frame early termination, slower reverse power control, and RF parametric testing. Requires an additional license: E1962B-410
- Support for quick call setup – further increase test throughput
- Support for cdma2000 Release A control channels. Requires an additional license: E1962B(U)-401
- Support for the latest Service Options and bands. Service Options 1, 2, 3, 6, 9, 14, 17, 32, 33, 55, 68, 70, and 32768. Commercial bands 0, 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 18, and 19.
- Support for the latest radio configurations - forward RC1 through RC5, and RC11; reverse RC1 through RC4, and RC8
- Highly integrated call processing and RF parametric test capability for assessing the quality and RF performance of IS-2000 based wireless devices
- Flexible cdma2000 and IS-95 forward-link emulation for control of the pilot, sync, paging, AWGN, and other channels, levels and data rates used in R&D and production-test applications
- Fast and reliable receiver and transmitter calibration capability ZIF (zero intermediate frequency based chipsets) calibration functionality supports Qualcomm's RadioOne architecture, Tx dynamic power measurement and fast device tune can improve your calibration development time and reduce code overhead resulting in increased calibration throughput
- Simultaneous and fast receiver and transmitter measurements enable maximum test throughput
- Single channel GPS source simulates one satellite for calibrating the UE’s built-in GPS receiver. Requires an additional license: E1999A-206.
- PESQ Measurement provides an objective MOS score for vocoder voice quality using the industry standard PESQ algorithm without having to use an external audio analyzer! Requires an additional license: E1999A-301.
- Other advanced capabilities available with E1962B(U) feature options such as protocol logging, SMS, authentication, and more. See options.
Easily upgrade the 8960 (E5515C) for testing multiple technologies
- For cdma2000/1xEV-DO dual mode device test, simply add both the E1966A 1xEV-DO test application and the E1962B cdma2000/IS-95/AMPS test application to the 8960. Or, if you do not already own an E1962B or E1966A, order the E1996A cdma2000/1xEV-DO test application suite and save!
- The 8960 can fast switch between all major 2G/3G/3.5G wireless formats for multi-format mobile device testing. See Related Software Products for other test application formats.
cdma2000 is a registered certification mark of the Telecommunications Industry Association.