The E1968A GSM/GPRS/EGPRS Mobile Test Application for the 8960 (E5515C) wireless communications test set provides critical capabilities to verify the performance of your GSM, GPRS and EGPRS mobile devices with both signaling and non-signaling mode. Evolved EDGE (E-EDGE) is supported now as a feature option. This test application, designed for high-volume manufacturing and wireless device development, helps you achieve your time-to-market goals for GSM, GPRS and EGPRS wireless devices. Special calibration features, such as Fast Device Tune (FDT), Phase and Amplitude versus Time (PAvT), IQ capture, and EGPRS AM-PM alignment will reduce phone calibration time significantly. Enhanced audio measurement, complete SMS test functionality, 8PSK random frequency offset will enable effective phone development and design. Single Channel GPS source, simulating one satellite signal, and FM broadcast signal source are additional capabilities available to speed GPS and FM receiver calibration. With the fast switching application (E1987A) or the TD-SCDMA (E1969A), you can perform handover tests between GSM and W-CDMA or TD-SCDMA. With the feature option license E1968A-104, you can perform E-EDGE phone connection and relevant measurements, such as Reduced Transmission Time Interval (RTTI), and Downlink Dual Carrier (DLDC). DLDC allows you to assign EGPRS PDTCH resources to a mobile on two different carriers and RTTI configuration allows you to reduce the data transfer latency of an EGPRS PDTCH block. 16QAM uplink measurement also supported in the latest release.
Use E1968A to simultaneously measure up to six uplink time slots in the multi-slot Class 45 configuration.
Fast device tune allows simultaneous calibration of a device’s transmitter and receiver across level and frequency in a single sweep (per frequency band) to significantly reduce calibration time during manufacturing.
Because this GSM/GPRS/EPGRS test solution is based on the high-performance E5515C test set, you gain the additional benefits of extremely fast measurement speed, ease of programming, accuracy, reliability, and worldwide service and support.
The E1968A test application helps product test engineers minimize test costs by reducing time to full production, and increasing yield with the following major features:
- Fast device tune measurement (E1999A-202)
- Phase and amplitude versus time measurement
- IQ capture, for phone TX linear calibration
- Dynamic power measurement and discontinuous time slot TXP measurement
- Test mode BER and MS-calculated BER
- FM radio measurement and Single Channel GPS Source for GPS phone test
- VAMOS solution for VAMOS typeI capable phone test (NEW)
- PESQ Measurement provides an objective MOS score for vocoder voice quality using the industry standard PESQ algorithm without having to use an external audio analyzer
R&D engineers benefit from the standards-compliant measurements which assure confidence in mobile designs with the following major features:
- Evolved EDGE signaling and measurements, including EGPRS2-A uplink 16QAM measurement
- Multi-slot Class 12 and Class 45 signaling and measurements
- Enhanced audio measurement with RT Codec and DAI RT codec calibration is available now for phone acoustic test
- Free text-format SMS and licensed advanced SMS application
- 8PSK Random Frequency Offset
- CS voice handovers between GSM and W-CDMA on two test sets, one with E1963A and one with E1968A. Requires E1999A-501 be installed on each test set
For more information on R&D features, please visit the E6701G lab application page (found in Related Products)
Easily upgrade the 8960 (E5515C) for testing multiple technologies
- For UMTS device test, simply add both the E1963A W-CDMA/HSPA test application and the E1968A GSM/GPRS/EGPRS test application to the 8960. Or, if you do not already own an E1963A or E1968A, order the E1993A UMTS test application suite and save!
- The 8960 can fast switch between all major 2G/3G/3.5G wireless formats for multi-format mobile device testing. See Related Software Products for other test application formats.