The M9021A is designed for the M9018A chassis and utilizes unique featrure built into the M9018A. It is not compatible with the PXIe system slot in other PXIe chassis. Once installed in the PXIe chassis and connected to an external host computer via a standard PCIe cable, it provides a very high bandwidth serial link between the two. This link is transparent to computer applications and allows direct control of PXI and PXIe modules.
The M9021A contains a x8 PCIe link and provides the latest Gen2 PCIe performance meaning you can expect up to a 4GB/s data rate. This is as fast as or faster than most PXIe embedded computers meaning a high performance system can be built using much less-expensive desktop or rack-mounted computers.
To ensure the best performance, the M9021A should be paired with a Gen 2 x8 Host PC card such as the Agilent M9047A. A x8 PCIe cable tested to operate at Gen 2 speeds such as the Agilent Y1202A should also be used. For control with a Laptop computer, The M9021A can be connected to an ExpressCard adapter such as the M9045A. However, the data bandwidth will be limited to x1 Gen 1 speeds in this case (maximum 250 MB/s).
Explore: All Agilent PXI products
Explore: All Agilent Modular products
View: M9021A Flyer
- Applications that utilize an external computer to control the M9018A PXIe Chassis
- 1 slot 3U module for use in the M9018A PXIe Chassis
- Single x8 link to PXIe backplane
- Standard x8 cabled PCIe connector for use with standard PCIe cables and external computers
- Gen 2 PCIe x8 links provide up to a 4 GB/s data rate from external controller to PXIe backplane
- Fully transparent to test system software applications