Agilent's 81636B general purpose optical power sensor is the right choice for accurate power measurements on fiberoptic devices. The modular sensor fits into all Agilent 816x Lightwave mainframes and can be used singly or in multiples for parallel measurements of multichannel devices. The output fiber is easily attached using Agilent's flexible connector adapters or bare-fiber adapter.
The module can run measurement applications like data logging, stability and recording minimum and maximum values over time. Triggered synchronization with tunable laser modules enables powerful spectral measurements, with the advantages of higher resolution, better polarization dependence and cost-and-time-efficient multichannel expandability. The module logs up to 100,000 samples with averaging time as low as 25µs. The analog bandwidth of 17kHz supports fast logging without distortion and the analog output is available for real-time oscilloscope measurements.
- 100,000 samples
- 25µs minimum averaging time supported with fast 17kHz analog bandwidth
- Traceable to NIST and PTB
- Comprehensive sampling and triggering concept (hardware trigger lines, filtering, event trigger, hardware timer, analog output)
- Up to 100,000 samples for high-resolution full-band spectra
- 25µs averaging time with 17kHz bandwidth gives undistorted spectra at high sweep speeds, even over narrow filters.
- The traceability gives you the certainty of measurements referenced to internationally accepted standars.
- The comprehensive hardware and trigger concept gives you the flexibility to adapt the power meter to changing test needs.
Key Performance Specifications
- 25 µs minimum averaging time
- Dynamic range > 55dB in manual range mode
- Power uncertainty of ±3