The Agilent 86038B Photonic Dispersion and Loss Analyzer combines speed and accuracy for complete testing of optical fiber and components, providing the ideal instrument for both development and manufacturing. Measurements are based on the industry-standard modulation phase shift method (MPS) and the modular implementation permits customization to test needs.
With a single device connection and at the touch of a button, the 86038B measures spectral group delay (GD) and chromatic dispersion (CD), differential group delay (DGD) and polarization modedispersion (PMD), insertion loss or gain (IL) and polarization dependent loss (PDL). In addition, it makes very accurate fiber length measurements. Advanced matrix analysis also provides 2nd-order PMD.
The 86038B is available with a range of wavelength options to provide specified measurements over the unprecedented 1260-1640nm wavelength range, based on the Agilent 81600B tunable laser option, and providing up to a 200nm range with a single laser. All parameters can be obtained with fast swept-wavelength measurements.
Key applications for the 86038B are: network equipment design and manufacturing, especially for 10 and 40 Gb/s transmission; optical fiber manufacturing, especially for modern all-band fibers like used in CWDM systems; designand manufacturing of dispersion compensation modules and fibers and DWDM filters for high speed transmission systems.
- Full characterization of dispersion and loss, dependent on wavelength and polarization using industry standard MPS method
- Determination of spectral GD, CD, DGD, PMD, IL, PDL and analysis for 2nd-order PMD, GD ripple, zero-dispersion wavelength and CD slope, and accurate determination of fiber or device length
- Fast swept-wavelength measurements for all parameters
- Widest available wavelength range with options covering 1260-1640nm and up to 200nm sweep range with a single option
- Integrated support for optional modular switching for multiport testing
- Optional enhanced IL and PDL accuracy for critical component tests
- Modular flexibility and Windows OS with LAN, USB and GPIB interfaces and remote control capability
- Design assurance with fast, accurate and complete measurements.
- Quick time-to-market with fast test turnaround.
- Protected investment with flexibility to add and change options and wavelength range.
- Efficient use of measurement time with intuitive and powerful user interface and measurements at the touch-of-a-button.
- Confident and easy analysis with built-in smoothing and fittingtools.
- High uptime with worldwide service and support and modular repair capabilities.
- Easy data transfer with LAN and USB connectivity.
- Optimized use of time with programmable automation.