The Agilent N7751A combines an attenuator with 2 front-panel power meter channels, offering exceptional performance at a low price. The power meters permit measurements from any point in the measurements setup and assist in calibrating power offsets with respect to the attenuator output.
Extension of N77xx-series
The N7751A attenuator is an extension to Agilent’s high density N77xx-family that establishes a new standard in space-saving fiberoptic instrumentation.
Features and Benefits
- Compact instrument combines and integrates multiple functions for setting attenuation and power levels and optical power measurement to reduce CAPEX and floor space.
- Fast and precise setting of optical power levels with settling times of 100 ms for improved test throughput.
- Active power control to keep output power constant
- The power meters support convenient power offset calibration of the attenuators.
- The instrument can be controlled via LAN and USB, as well as GPIB for compatibility with existing equipment.
- An easy-to-use and intuitive graphical user interface software speeds up the integration process.
- Optical transceiver testing
- Optical network integration testing
Measurement capability: attenuator
- settling time: 20 ms attenuation, 100 ms power
- 0.1 to 1000 dB/s attenuation transition speed (selectable)
- 23 dBm input power
- ≤ 1.2 dB insertion loss
Measurement capability: power meter
- Wavelength range: 1260-1640 nm
- Power range: -80 to 10 dBm
- Polarization dependence: <0.01 dB
- One attenuator channel and two power meters in one half-width rack unit
- Fully compatible with programs developed using the Agilent 8157x and 8156x modular attenuators
- Includes powerful and user-friendly GUI software
- Two instrument configurations can be stored and recalled