If you are designing XAUI devices, you may face challenges trying to perform design and validation tasks at the same time. The Agilent Technologies N5431A XAUI electrical validation application will help you improve your efficiency by providing fast and accurate XAUI validation. The N5431A software, which runs on Agilent 80000 and 90000 Series Infiniium oscilloscopes and digital signal analyzers, helps you confirm that your devices conform to the XAUI specifications as defined by the IEEE 802.3-2005 10-gigabit Ethernet specification. The superior signal integrity and probing provided by the Infiniium Series oscilloscopes and digital signal analyzers give you confidence that your designs will meet the specifications. The application also provides support for the XAUI-derived 10GBASE-CX4 specification. Additionally, the application allows you to test to various other XAUI derived standards, such as CPRI, OBSAI RP3, 10-Gigabit Fibre Channel XAUI, and Serial Rapid IO.
The N5431A XAUI electrical validation application will require the Infiniium 5.10 or higher software version for the 80000 Series oscilloscopes and Infiniium 1.0 or higher software version for 90000 Series oscilloscopes, E2688A High-Speed Serial Data Analysis and Clock Recovery Software, and N5400A EZJIT Plus Jitter Analysis Software. The N5404A Deep Memory Option is also recommended.
- Compliance Software downloads
- Test framework which comes with a setup wizard for quick setup, configuration, and a powerful new multi-trial testing capability.
- Flexible signal probing setup with single-ended SMA cables or differential probes which enables testing of multiple lanes in a single run.
- Configurable test parameters for flexibility to test to other XAUI derived standards.
- Test results report documents test configuration, measurements made, pass/fail status, margin analysis, and waveforms.
- XAUI (IEEE 802.3-2005, Clause 47)
- 10GBASE-CX4 (IEEE 802.3-2005, Clause 54)
- XAUI-based CPRI, OBSAI RP3, and Serial RapidIO
- E2688A High-Speed Serial Data Analysis and Clock Recovery Software
- N5400A EZJIT Plus Jitter Analysis Software Option
- Use the N5467A User Defined Application tool (www.agilent.com/find/uda) to:
- Create and fully integrate custom tests, configuration variables and connection instructions.
- Insert external application calls into the run sequence, such as MATLAB scripts or your device controller.
- Configure additional external instruments used in your test suite.