MATLAB is a well-known and respected data analysis software environment and programming language used by over 1,000,000 engineers today. MATLAB software can be used to make measurements, analyze and visualize data, generate arbitrary waveforms, control instruments, and build test systems. It provides interactive tools and command-line functions for data analysis tasks such as signal processing and digital filtering. MATLAB is used in diverse industries and disciplines, and it is a standard at more than 3,500 colleges and universities worldwide. MATLAB software is now available for purchase directly from Keysight when you purchase any InfiniiVision 5000, 6000, or 7000 Series oscilloscope or Infiniium 9000, 90000 or 90000 X-Series oscilloscope or 86100D DCA-X Series oscilloscope.
Two MATLAB configurations are available and range from basic MATLAB capabilities to acquire and analyze data to full support for signal processing, filter design, and automated testing. MATLAB extends the functionality of Keysight real time oscilloscopes by providing tools to analyze data, filter signals, and automate measurements from signals acquired from these instruments.
MATLAB can be installed and executed directly on these instruments or on a remote computer using GPIB, LAN, or USB connectivity.
Using MATLAB with Keysight oscilloscopes
MATLAB extends the functionality of Keysight oscilloscopes by enabling users to complete the following tasks:
- Design custom digital filters in MATLAB and apply them to signals acquired from a Keysight oscilloscope
- Graphically visualize results in 2-D and 3-D plots to gain insight into your designs
- Develop GUI-based applications to enable oscilloscope users that are not familiar with MATLAB to execute tests
- Automate measurements that are difficult to acquire manually or need to be acquired multiple times.
- Build test systems consisting of Keysight oscilloscopes and other instruments
- Automatically generate reports of your oscilloscope data to share results with colleagues, managers, suppliers, and customers
Adding MATLAB software to the purchase of your Keysight oscilloscope provides five key benefits:
- Convenience: Acquire your software and oscilloscope on a single purchase order
- Confidence: MATLAB software sold through Keysight has been tested and qualified by Keysight
- Support: Contact either Keysight or MathWorks for help with installation and technical questions
- Quick start: Acquire numerous application examples directly from Keysight to get started
- Reliability: Ensure that your MATLAB software is always available to you when you need it