With the need for faster-access, higher performance and improved power saving storage capabilities, the new SATA 6 Gb/s and 3Gb/s standard has been a popular choice for many new emerging designs and solid state drives. Besides that, many electronic products that include fast-access storage capabilities that have cost constraints or legacy requirements also make SATA 1.5 Gb/s a preferable choice. Agilent’s 90000 and 9000 Series scope users now have access to quickly see SATA 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s information at both the physical and protocol layers in devices that include fast-access storage capabilities. Users can trigger on and view both protocol layer information and physical layer signal characteristics for SATA. Numerical decode values of the SATA traffic are automatically displayed and synchronized below the capture signal or seen in protocol viewer. Generally, the 9000 Series scope is ideal for SATA 1.5 Gb/s protocol decode and the 90000 Series scope for SATA 1.5, 3.0 and 6.0 Gb/s.
- Setup wizard for quick setup, configuration and analysis
- Serial data analysis with 8B/10B symbols
- Packet-level decode of primitives as well as link and transaction layers
- Numerical decode values of the traffic are automatically displayed and synchronized
- 4 GHz or higher bandwidth for SATA 1.5 Gb/s protocol decode
- N8801A SATA Protocol Analysis and Decode (Option 038 on new 9000 Series scope or option 018 on new 90000 Series scope or N5435A-035 for application server license)