The Agilent 81160A pulse function arbitrary noise generator eliminates the need for cumbersome multi-instrument setups for stress testing devices. Like the 81150A, the 81160A provides versatile waveforms along with superior signals with an intrinsic jitter of 7 ps rms. This combination of characteristics helps engineers define better performance specifications for their devices. The 81160A is ideal for general-purpose bench tests and advanced serial data stress tests. Capabilities include:
- Glitch free change of timing parameters
- Arbitrary bit shaped pattern
- Digital noise
- Generation of 330-MHz pulses and 500-MHz function/arbitrary waveforms with a 2.5-GSa/s sample rate and 14-bit vertical resolution;
- Selectable crest factors for white Gaussian noise lets engineers determine how much distortion to apply to a device during stress testing to meet various serial bus standards;
- Glitch-free timing parameter changes allow engineers to change the frequency without drop-outs or glitches and enable continuous operation without rebooting or resetting the device under test; and
- Arbitrary bit patterns show capacitive load of the channels using simple pattern settings. Complex measurement setups are no longer necessary to test designs to their limits.
Waveform creation and editing
Get advanced signal creation/editing capability without tedious programming with 33503A BenchLink Waveform Builder Pro Software.