Industry leading W-CDMA/HSPA one box test set for mobile device manufacturing, development, and repair
NOTE: E1963AU is used for existing E1963A customers to add new features requiring feature options
The Agilent E1963A W-CDMA/HSPA mobile test application, which runs on the industry standard 8960 (E5515C) wireless communications test set, delivers comprehensive call processing and RF parametric test capabilities to verify the performance of your W-CDMA, HSDPA, HSUPA, and HSPA capable mobile devices. The E1963A is developed for the needs of high-volume manufacturing, wireless device development, and repair and service.
Based on the high performance 8960 (E5515C) test set, the E1963A provides the additional benefits of extremely fast measurement speed, ease of programming, accuracy, reliability, and worldwide service and support. These proven features help shorten test development time, increase yield, and minimize support costs.
Agilent will help you protect your investment by meeting your test needs now and into the future. The E1963A is continuously updated to add test capabilities to best address cellular device market trends, including leading technology testing (such as HSPA ), and convergence testing (such as GPS, FM radio, etc).
Comprehensive Call Processing and RF Parametric Test Capability
- Fast, accurate, and complete W-CDMA/HSPA and HSPA Tx/Rx measurements in compliance with 3GPP TS34.121 - support of HS-DSCH categories 1 to 14 and E-DCH categories 1 -7 UE test
- Complete suite of W-CDMA/HSPA and HSPA RB test mode (call processing mode) and FDD test mode (non-call processing mode)
- HSPA for up to 21 Mbps downlink throughput and 11.5 Mbps uplink throughput in test modes with support of downlink 64 QAM modulation and uplink 16 QAM modulation support of HS-DSCH category 14 and E-DCH category 7 UE test. An additional E1963A(U)-423 license is required with the existing E1963A(U)-403, E1963A(U)-405 and E1963A(U)-413.
- 14.4 Mbps HSDPA in RB test mode and FDD test mode with flexible downlink code channel number setting to 15 – support of HS-DSCH category 10 UE test. An additional E1963A(U)-405 license is required with the existing E1963A(U)-403.
- 5.7 Mbps HSUPA (2 ms TTI) and 2 Mbps HSUPA (10 ms TTI) in RB test mode and FDD test mode – full support of E-DCH category 6 UE test. An additional license for the E1963A(U)-413 is required with the existing E1963A(U)-403.
- HSDPA in RB test mode and FDD test mode – support of categories 1 to 8, and 11 to 12 UE test, the downlink throughput up to 7.2 Mbps. Requires an additional E1963A(U)-403 license.
- Fullsupport of AMR/WB-AMR real-time vocoder and DAI – support of acoustic test with external audio analyzer. Requires an additional E1963A(U)-408 license.
- PESQ Measurement provides an objective MOS score for vocoder voice quality using the industry standard PESQ algorithm without having to use an external audio analyzer! Requires an additional license: E1999A-301
- Faster calibration capability with the Fast Device Tune application – support of simultaneous transmitter and receiver calibration. Fast Device Tune Technical Overview
- FM source, allowing for calibration of UE’s FM receiver with the E5520A FM adapter.
- Single channel GPS source simulating one satellite for calibration of UE’s built-in GPS receiver. Requires an additional E1999A-206 license.
- Two video test solutions: video loopback testing in one box requires an additional E1963A(U)-402 license; 2-box end-to-end video test solution requires an additional E1963A(U)-401 license.
- CS voice handovers between GSM and W-CDMA on two test sets, one with E1963A and one with E1968A. Requires E1999A-501 be installed on each test set.
- Frequency support forall of the UMTS bands I-XIV, XIX, XX and XXI.
- For a complete list of E1963A and E1963AU feature options see Options.
Easily upgrade the 8960 (E5515C) for testing multiple technologies
- For UMTS device test, simply add both the E1963A W-CDMA/HSPA test application and the E1968A GSM/GPRS/EGPRS test application to the 8960. Or, if you do not already own an E1963A or E1968A, order the E1993A UMTS test application suite and save!
- The 8960 can fast switch between all major 2G/3G/3.5G wireless formats for multi-format mobile device testing. See Related Software Products for other test application formats.