The 8990B is a peak power analyzer that consists of two RF channels (1 and 4) and two video channels (2 and 3). When used with a compatible peak power sensor, the 8990B is able to measure the dynamic or time- dependent aspects of RF and microwave power. A combination of the 8990B and the N1923/4A peak power sensor enables the RF pulse rise/fall time measurement of up to 5 nsecs. The video inputs of the 8990B allow the simultaneous analysis of time- domain control signals.
The 8990B has a frequency range of 50 MHz to 40 GHz and a dynamic power range of –35 dBm to 20 dBm, depending on the peak power sensor used. The 8990B is capable of measuring peak power, minimum power, average power, peak- to- average power, pulse repetition interval, pulse repetition rate, rise time, fall time, pulse off time, pulse top, pulse base, pulse width, duty cycle, and overshoot. The 8990B also provides internal and external trigger functions.
Below are the wideband power sensors design specifically for 8990B to achieve the best performance for peak power measurement.
N1923A (50 MHz to 18 GHz)
N1924A (50 MHz to 40 GHz)
Test & Measurement World's TOP 50, 2011
- Frequency range of 50 MHz to 40 GHz (sensor dependant)
- Dynamic range of -35 to 20 dBm
- Fast System Rise/ Fall time of 5nsec
- 100 MSa/ sec continuous sampling with >1500 readings/ sec
- 4 channels (two RF and two video) and compatible with U2000 Series power sensors connected using the USB hosts
- Provide 15 Pulse Characterization Measurement with automated pulse delay measurement between channels
- 20X zooming capability with dual Screen Zoom Window
- Internal Zeroing and Calibration