The Single Acquisition Combined Fixed WiMAX measurement application is one in a common library of more than 25 measurement applications in the Agilent X-Series, an evolutionary approach to signal analysis that spans instrumentation, measurements and software. Transforming the X-Series signal analyzers into standard-based transmitter testers, the application provides fast one-button RF conformance measurements to help you design, evaluate and manufacture your WLAN RF transmitters. The measurement application is a breakthrough solution for high-volume, high-throughput production manufacturing test. It allows manufacturers to make measurements much faster than traditional measurements. It is designed for time-critical tests on the production line, supports transmit power, transmit output spectrum, and modulation accuracy measurements for 802.16d signals, and also supports frequency hopping signals.
RF Transmitter Testing
- Supports IEEE 802.16d (802.16-2004) modulation formats for uplink and downlink signals
- Transmit power measurement specifies total power and power spectral density of transmitted signal
- Transmit output spectrum measures spurious signal levels for up to four pairs of offsets with pass/fail indication.
- Modulation accuracy measurement provides results of frequency error, symbol error, RMS EVM in dB, RMS EVM in percent, I/Q offset, absolute spectrum flatness minimum margin, absolute spectrum flatness minimum margin pass/fail flag, difference spectrum flatness minimum margin, and difference spectrum flatness minimum margin pass/fail flag, etc.
- Supported on MXA and EXA signal analyzers. Currently not compatible with the following options: B40 (40 MHz analysis bandwidth), MPB (microwave preselector bypass) and DP2 (digital processor, 2 GB capture memory).
- Supports IEEE 802.16-2004 modulation formats including BPSK, QPSK, 16QAM and 64QAM
- Supports signal hopping for broadband and multi-frequency points measurements
- Supported on MXA and EXA signal analyzers
- SCPI-command-based measurement application
- Provides combined WLAN measurements for Transmit Power, Transmit Output Spectrum, and Modulation Accuracy
- Flexibility of customization and expanded functionality
- Tabular user interface
Performance (Hardware Dependent)
- 64QAM EVM accuracy: up to ± 0.10