B1505A Product Brochure (March 2010): The all-in-one solution for power device evaluation
- Online demo videos for the B1505A are now available in the B1505A demo video page.
- On-demand seminar material is now available : New Power Device Analyzer/Curve Tracer Solves High Power Device Testing Challenges
The Agilent B1505A Power Device Analyzer / Curve Tracer is the only single box solution available today with the capability to characterize high power devices from the sub-picoamp level up to 3000 volts and 40 amps. These capability covers evaluation for new power device using wide band gap materials such as silicon carbide (SiC) or gallium nitride (GaN). The B1505A has separate modules that support high-current (HCSMU) and high-voltage (HVSMU). The B1505A also supports a high-power SMU (up to 1 A/200 V) and a multi-frequency capacitance measurement unit (up to 5 MHz). Its ten-slot modular construction lets you configure the B1505A exactly the way you want.
The B1505A software environment allows users to check device characteristics and detect device faults with the easy convenience of a curve tracer. Just like on a curve tracer, the B1505A supports rotary knob control of the independent sweep variable for intuitive and real-time evaluation of parameters such as breakdown voltage. The measurement setup information and data can be automatically stored to the B1505A's built-in hard disk drive and transferred to USB memory sticks as well as other portable storage devices. It is also easy to print graphical measurement data and to copy and paste it into reports when the analysis results are summarized.
A proper test fixture solution is extremely important, both to insure safety (due to the high voltages and currents used) and to support the wide variety of power device package types. A previous limitation of curve tracers was that some power devices could not be evaluated due to their size, or it was necessary to jury-rig an adapter in order to test the device. However, the B1505A's test fixture can accept a wide variety of devices, such as power MOSFETs, diodes and IGBTs, regardless of their size or shape via a large fixture adapter with customizable fixture modules. In addition, the test fixture's built-in interlock mechanism ensures that high voltages and currents can be applied to test devices safely.
Agilent can provide a conversion kit that allows existing B1500A users to convert their B1500A mainframe into a B1505A mainframe. This allows current B1500A users to expand the voltage and current measurement capabilities of their instrument without having to purchase a new instrument.
Module Selection Guide
| Module || Required Slots || Main Specifications |
| B1510A HPSMU || 2 || Up to 200 V, 1 A force. 10 fA current resolution |
| B1512A HCSMU || 2 || 20 A/20 V (Pulsed); 1 A/40 V (DC) |
| B1513A HVSMU || 2 || 1500 V/8 mA; 3000 V/4 mA; (Pulsed & DC) *1 |
| B1520A MFCMU || 1 || 1 kHz to 5 MHz, up to 3000 V DC bias using bias-T |
*1. The current ranges can be increased to 40 A/20 V (pulsed) and 2 A/40 V (DC) using two HCSMUs with the Dual HCSMU combination adapter.
Microsoft and Windows are U.S. registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.
- 3000 V/40 A instrument with both curve tracer and analyzer capabilities
- Flexible configuration with ten module slots for HPSMU, HVSMU, HCSMU and MFCMU modules
- Safe and accurate measurement of power devices (both on-wafer and packaged). Optional high power test fixture supports a wide range of package types and available test adapter emulates Tektronix curve tracer outputs for legacy applications
- Offline data analysis and application test development via Desktop EasyEXPERT software
- High-power SMU can measure from 10 fA to 1 A and from 2 µV to 200 V
- High-current SMU can measure from 10 pA to 20 A and from 200 nV to 40 V
- High-voltage SMU can perform sub-picoamp leakage measurement at 3000 V
- Multi-frequency (1 kHz to 5 MHz) capacitance measurement unit can measure capacitance at up to 3000 V dc bias
- High-voltage SMU can supply 1500V at 8 mA or 3000 V at 4 mA (Pulsed or DC); pulse widths from 500 µs to 2 s
- High-current SMU can supply 20 A at 20 V (Pulsed) and 1 A at 40 V (DC); pulse widths from 50 µs to 1 ms
- Using the dual high-current SMU adapter, the sourcing range can be expanded to 40 A at 20 V (Pulsed) and 2 A at 40 V (DC)