The B2200A reduces the cost of test by enabling characterization tests to be automated, without compromising the measurement performance of the semiconductor parameter analyzer. It supports a 4-SMU, full-Kelvin configuration and a capacitance meter, with room for future expansion. Includes 14 inputs, each with a unique internal measurement path, and a distinctive capacitance measurement compensation feature for two of the inputs. Provides front panel control via keypad or optional light pen, and supports instruments such as pulse generators.
Conducting all the parametric measurements necessary for the numerous test structures on a semiconductor wafer can be a time-consuming and expensive process. With the cost of end-user devices continuing to drop, even laboratory characterization environments must bring down the cost of test. Utilizing a switching matrix with a semi-automatic or fully-automatic wafer prober enables characterization tests to be automated, eliminating the need to have an operator manually reposition the probes each time a new module needs to be tested. This reduces both test time and cost.
Many available switching matrices have inherent limitations. For example, many switching matrices degrade the low-current measurement performance of a semiconductor parameter analyzer and become the weakest linkin the measurement chain. A switching matrix with an insufficient number of internal paths cannot support both a 4-terminal, full-Kelvin measurement and a capacitance meter, requiring time-consuming manual cabling changes each time measurement changes from IV to CV. Lastly, when a switching matrix cannot compensate capacitance measurements for the measurement distortion created by path length, results will be inaccurate.
Unsurpassed switching matrix performance
The B2200A fA leakage Switch Mainframe provides exceptional low-current leakage and capacitance measurement performance, without the limitations imposed by alternative solutions. The ability to support 1 fA measurements means that it does not detract from the high-performance of the semiconductor parameter analyzer. Inputs are sufficient to support a 4-SMU, full-Kelvin configuration. All 14 inputs correspond to unique internal paths, so all inputs can be used simultaneously. Unlike competitive solutions, capacitance measurement results are not distorted by the inherent error introduced by each channel's varying path lengths; additionally, the system provides the parameters and algorithms necessary to compensate for such variances. Flexible use is provided by a modular structure that supports 12, 24, 36 or 48 output configurations. The 30 MHz bandwidth supports the use of instruments such as pulse generators. Flexible operator control is provided by the supplemental LED display and front panel control via keypad or optional light pen.
- Keep pace with the performance of semiconductor parameter analyzers
State-of-the-art semiconductor parameter analyzers have reached new levels of performance. With the ability to support 1 fA measurement resolution, the B2200A Switching Matrix keeps pace with the capabilities of your semiconductor parameter analyzer without any compromise in measurement performance.
- Avoid measurement limitations of multiplexing
Avoid delays and time-consuming manual switching with the B2200A's 14 internal measurement paths. Every input has its own unique internal path, enabling you to use all inputs simultaneously.
- Accurate capacitance measurements
When measuring capacitance, the cable length, which includes the path through the matrix, has a significant impact on measurement results. When using the two BNC inputs that are optimized for capacitance measurement, the B2200A Switching Matrix Mainframe -- unlike competitive solutions -- corrects for the error introduced by the matrix's internal path lengths, supplying compensation parameters to enable undistorted measurement results.
Features and Benefits
| Feature || Benefit |
| 1 femtoamp resolution current measurement capability || Switching matrix does not degrade the measurement performance of the semiconductor parameter analyzer. |
| 8 triaxial and 6 BNC inputs || Supports a 4-SMU, full-Kelvin configuration and a capacitance meter, with 4 BNC inputs remaining for future expansion. |
| 14 concurrent internal paths || Enables you to use all 8 triaxial inputs and all 6 BNC inputs at the same time. |
| Capacitance measurement compensation feature || Corrects for the error introduced by the matrix's internal path lengths, allowing you to make accurate capacitance measurements through a switching matrix. |
| LED display and front panel control via keypad or optional light pen || Enables you to perform off-line debug of your measurement structures by giving a visual indication of the matrix relay status and by enabling you to change the relay status manually. |
| 30 MHz bandwidth || You can use instruments such aspulse generators through the B2200A switch. |
- B2200A fA Leakage Switch Mainframe
- B2210A fA Leakage Switch Module
| B2200A |
| Specification || Value |
| Number of ports || |
| I-V port || 8 Triaxial Ports (with Guard) |
| AUX port || 6 BNC Ports (2 CV port) |
| Output Channel || Triaxial Ports (with Guard), x12, x24, x36, and x48 Configurations Available |
| Number of Slots || 4 slots for 48mm height switch module |
| B2210A |
| Specification || Value |
| Max Current Rating || |
| I-V port || 1.0 A |
| AUX port |
- B1500A Semiconductor Device Analyzer
- 4155C Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer
- 4156C Precision Semiconductor Parameter Analyzer
- B2201A 14ch Low Leakage Switch Mainframe
- E5250A Low-leakage Switch Mainframe
- E5270B 8-Slot Precision Measurement Mainframe
- 41000 Series
- Lighted display of relay status for fast verification and debug of measurement setups
- Front panel control support via keypad or optional light pen
- Agilent EasyEXPERT software can control and automate switch settings via an intuitive GUI
- Optimized CV inputs with integrated EasyEXPERT software capacitance compensation
- 1 femtoamp measurement resolution through the switch using 4156C, B1500A, or E5270B HRSMU
- Transient current settling time (to < 50 fA) of less than 2 seconds (10 V input step) (Supplemental Information)
- 30 MHz bandwidth (- 3dB) (Supplemental Information)
- Channel isolation of 100 teraohms for low-current (triaxial) paths
- 8 low-current (triaxial) and 6 general-purpose (coaxial) inputs
- Modular design supports x12, x24, x36,and x48 triaxial output configurations
- 14 internal paths (no multiplexed inputs)
- Compatible with Agilent B2220A low-leakage probe card interface