OFL280 FlexTester handheld, single-mode OTDR, Loss Test Set and VFL
The OFL280 FlexTester offers an unmatched combination of fiber test functions, ease-of-use, portability, and value. All OFL280 FlexTester models include:
- Single-mode, 1310/1550 nm OTDR with standard and PON modes
- Optical Power Meter (OPM)
- Optical Light Source (OLS)
- Visual Fault Locator(VFL).
OFL280 FlexTesters are ideal for use in the outside plant environment - standard features include:
- Color display easily viewed in both direct sunlight and dimly lit areas
- Ten (10) hours continuous operation from Li-Ion battery
- Rugged, but light weight at only 0.8 kg (1.7 lb)
- Native language support in over a dozen languages
OFL280-100 provides the best balance of functions and value for many users. Dual-wavelength testing at 1310 and 1550 nm is normally sufficient to certify point-to-point or FTTx (PON) networks and detect macro bends.
OFL280-103 triple-wavelength model adds ServiceSafe™ live fiber detection with integrated PON Power Meter. Configuration is simple with the following functions provided from a single test port:
- Certify dark PON and point-to-point networks at 1310/1550 nm
- Perform high-resolution fault-location of dark or live FTTx PONs at 1625 nm
- Measure FTTx power levels at 1490 and 1550 nm
OFL280-101 and OFL280-102 models offer 1310/1550 and either 1625 nm or 1490 nm test capability, respectively.
AFL's exclusive Wave ID source and power meter feature is provided in all models. With Wave ID, the power meter automatically synchronizes its wavelength to that sent by the Wave ID source at the other end of the fiber. Test time is significantly reduced, and wavelength setup errors (mismatch between source and power meter) are eliminated.
The OFL280 FlexTester user interface is equally suitable for both novice and expert users, and features a top-down menu structure that is easy to learn and efficient to use.
OTDR test results may be saved as .SOR files, which can be transferred to a PC for viewing, printing, and analysis using supplied Windows® compatible software.
- OTDR, PON OTDR, live fiber OTDR, and FTTx PON Power Meter all from one test port
- Full Auto, Real Time, and Expert OTDR modes
- Internal storage (>1000 OTDR traces in standard .SOR format)
- Transfer traces to a PC via USB
- Short power-on time (<5 sec)
- Easy to use and learn